Test administrator training modules
As part of the TEA’s ongoing efforts to improve security measures in the state’s testing program and to help ensure that test results are meaningful and valid, the Student Assessment Division has developed web-based training modules for test administrators. This online training, which currently consists of the three modules below, is optional but strongly recommended. It is designed to supplement the mandatory training required of all personnel involved in testing.
Note: training modules require a Flash enabled browser, and cannot be viewed on iOS devices.
STAAR Assessment Management System Webinar Training
Training webinars can include prerecorded presentations, FAQs, and more.
Webinar Trainings for STAAR Administration Activities and Interim Assessments
A series of webinar training opportunities for STAAR administration activities and interim assessments will be offered in 2018. Due to space limitations, district testing coordinators and technology coordinators who want to participate must register to attend these trainings. Space is limited to the first 500 registrants for each training session. Registrants will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the WebEx link provided in the email to log in to the webinar on the day of the training.
What's New as Districts Prepare for December 2018 Testing?
- This webinar training will provide information for testing coordinators on upcoming changes to the STAAR Assessment Management system, as well as reminders, in preparation for the December 2018 STAAR end-of-course administration. The training will review changes to student test registration and participation counts, as well as reminders for paper and online registration, braille test takers, and out-of-district and out-of-school test takers. The webinar will take place Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:30–3:00 p.m. (CT). Select the link to register for this session.
- What’s New as Districts Prepare for December 2018 Testing? (Webinar 42 minutes) Posted 8/16
- What’s New as Districts Prepare for December 2018 Testing? (PDF)
Getting Ready for Interim Testing
- This webinar training will provide information for testing coordinators as they prepare to register students for interim testing. The training will cover the new interim registration upload file layout, as well as changes for manually registering students via the STAAR Assessment Management System. The webinar will take place Monday, August 13, 2018 10:00–11:00 a.m. (CT). Select the link to register for this session.
- Getting Ready for InterimTesting (Webinar 48 minutes) Posted 8/15/18
- Getting Ready for InterimTesting (PDF)
Everything You Need to Know about Interim Assessment
- This webinar training will provide information for testing coordinators, test administrators, and any staff who will be involved in the implementation of interim assessments. This webinar will focus on changes to interim testing for the 2018–2019 school year. The training will review participation in interims, new grades and subjects offered, embedded supports for students, and all other facets of preparation and test administration for interim testing. The webinar will take place Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:00–3:00 p.m. (CT). Select the link to register for this session.
A Deep Dive into the Online Reporting Suite for Interim Assessments
- This webinar training will provide information for testing coordinators and other educators about the new Online Reporting Suite for interim assessments. The training will explore the full functionality of the new real-time reporting system, including viewing student responses and student expectations. This training will cover all aspects of reporting for interim assessments. The webinar will take place Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:00–3:00 p.m. (CT). Select the link to register for this session.
Starting Early: Get Ready for Online Testing
- This webinar training will provide information about preparing for online testing for fall 2018. The training will review online testing preparation for STAAR and interim assessments. The webinar will take place Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:00–2:00 p.m. (CT). Select the link to register for this session.